Synergy Bioscience (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” or “Synergy Bioscience”) respect your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share, and use personal information about you and how you can exercise your privacy rights. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice. For more information about Synergy Bioscience, refer to the “About Us” section of our website.
Read this Privacy Notice carefully to ensure you don’t miss any information that may be relevant to you.
Scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is relevant to:
- Any user of, or visitor to, Synergy Bioscience’s websites, or platforms.
- Individuals who share their business contact information and other personal information with Synergy Bioscience in the framework of a potential or ongoing business relationship, during webinars, trainings or events including tradeshows or conferences, or for other business purposes, including customer services and product or laboratory services, such as current or prospective customers and their representatives; and
- Any members of the public who interact with Synergy Bioscience and individuals with whom we do business, including, but not limited to, staff of regulatory authorities and suppliers and visitors to our sites and offices.
Who is responsible for the collection and use of your personal data?
Synergy Bioscience is responsible for the collection and use of your personal data (the so called “Data Controller”), and that determines what data to collect, how to use it, for how long to store it, and with whom to share it, depends on your relationship with us. For example:
- If you are a visitor of the synergybioscience.com website or an investor, the Data Controller is Synergy Bioscience, 10944 Alder Circle, Dallas, TX 75238, USA, and its joint controller affiliated companies whose webpages you have visited and to whom your questions are forwarded based on your request and your location (as provided in the request form).
- If you are a registered user on the Synergy Bioscience website, the Data Controller is the Synergy Bioscience company who is managing your registration.
- If you are or work for one of our customers or suppliers, the Data Controller is the Synergy Bioscience company you are having business with. This information can be found on the invoice or purchase order you receive or in the agreement you have entered into with Synergy Bioscience.
- For any other individuals interacting with Synergy Bioscience, the Data Controller is the legal entity that manages your relationship to Synergy Bioscience. This information can be found in the agreement you or your company have entered into with Synergy Bioscience or can be obtained from your contact person at Synergy Bioscience.
What personal information does Synergy Bioscience collect and why?
The personal information that we collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
a. Information that you provide voluntarily
- We may collect personal data directly from you when you interact with Synergy Bioscience and use it for the purposes described below or as communicated to you at the time of collection.
- When you register an account on a Synergy Bioscience platform, or when you submit a contact or feedback form on our website, you may be asked to submit certain information to us, such as contact details (name, surname, e-mail address, phone number, etc.), your role within your company and your company’s interaction with Synergy Bioscience, geographical information (i.e. business address/country), and how you would qualify your interest in Synergy Bioscience.
- When you participate or are an invited speaker in seminars, workshops, tradeshows, or conferences we may ask you to provide contact details (name, surname, e-mail address, phone number etc.), your role within your company and your company’s interaction with Synergy Bioscience, geographical information (i.e. business address/country), and national registration number if you are a healthcare professional in certain countries, where applicable.
- When you complete a survey on your experience with our product and services, to help us improve our products and services, we may ask you to indicate your role within your company and your company’s interaction with Synergy Bioscience, geographical information (i.e. business address/country).
- When you visit our sites and offices, we may collect name, surname, e-mail address, phone number, etc.), your role within your company and your company’s interaction with Synergy Bioscience, geographical information (i.e. business address/country) to register you as a visitor in our system, to screen our visitors against sanctioned parties list, and to provide you with appropriate access credentials.
- If you are a consultant of a Synergy Bioscience, work for a company having a contractual relationship with Synergy Bioscience, or otherwise provide services to us you may be asked to submit certain information to us, such as contact details (name, surname, e-mail address, phone number, etc.), your role within your company and your company’s interaction with Synergy Bioscience, geographical information (i.e. business address/country).
- If you fill out any other kind of form at a fair or other marketing event organized by Synergy Bioscience or where Synergy Bioscience is represented, we may collect (name, surname, e-mail address, phone number, etc.), your role within your company and your company’s interaction with Synergy Bioscience, geographical information (i.e. business address/country), and how you would qualify your interest in Synergy bioscience.
- Information that we collect automatically
- In certain cases, we may automatically collect personal information about you and the device you use when interacting with us.
- When you use and navigate our website, we automatically collect certain information from your device. This personal data may include: your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, the URL of the website you came from, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), date-time of access, the amount of time you spend using the services and websites, data transferred, pages visited, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device/hardware has interacted with our website or platform (including links clicked), what activities users have performed within an application (i.e. login history). Most of this data is generated and collected automatically, as part of the standard operation of our online services and will only be processed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- When you are invited and participate to a videoconference with Synergy Bioscience, we automatically collect certain information about you (e.g. first and last name, e-mail address, profile picture if any), meeting metadata (e.g. date, time and duration of communication, name of the meeting, participant IP address), device data (e.g. IP addresses, MAC addresses, Clint version), text and video data (e.g. chat histories; video, audio and presentation recordings as permitted under the applicable by law and under your consent, where applicable), and connection data (e.g. phone numbers, country names, start and end times, IP addresses)
- When you receive an e-mail from Synergy Bioscience, we may collect information on whether the e-mail was opened, and any content was accessed through the e-mail.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology.
- Information collected from third parties
We may collect information about you from third parties usually to complete the information we need to create or maintain our relationship with you.
- We may collect personal information when we acquire companies and perform post-merger integration, to evaluate the target company and its business, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- We may collect additional personal information about you when we perform screenings for compliance purposes as indicated under letter a. (Information you provide voluntarily) above, to complete part of the personal information already provided by you.
- We may use publicly available resources that hold personal information provided by you and/or your company (i.e. commercial register, company websites, professional networks, university, publication websites, social media and other digital platforms) or from third-party vendors who act on our behalf, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
As a general principle, your granting of any consent and your provision of any personal information to Synergy Bioscience is entirely voluntary; there are generally no detrimental effects on you if you choose not to consent or to provide your personal information. However, there are circumstances in which we cannot take action without certain personal data, for example because this personal data is required to process your orders or requests, manage the contractual relationship Synergy Bioscience maintains with you or the company you work for, or provide you with access to a specific online content or newsletter. In these cases, it will unfortunately not be possible for us to provide you with what you request without the relevant personal data.
Why we process your personal information?
Whether you are a customer, a user of our online services (including our websites), a supplier of products and services to us, an attendee or speaker at a conference, event, or roadshow organized or attended by Synergy Bioscience, or you collaborate in a scientific research or project with Synergy Bioscience, we will process your personal information to (as applicable):
i. Create an account on our online services for you or the company or organization you work for, and maintain and update such account;
ii. Enable you to access or interact with our online resources, including webinars
iii. Verify your identity, where required by law;
iv. Negotiate and enter into agreements (such as sales and service agreements or research collaborations) with the company or organization you work for, and fulfill your orders for products and services, and perform any obligation arising from our relationship with the company you work for, or as required by law;
v. update orders and transactions;
vi. Contact you about products and services you may be interested in, or provide you with updates and support on products and services;
vii. Provide the company or organization for which you work with our product and services;
viii. Comply with any legal obligations that apply to us;
ix. Verify financial transactions and undertake compliance screening checks.
In accordance with the applicable local laws, and based on your consent where required, we may also:
i. Contact you to send you marketing e-mails or newsletters, marketing material via regular e-mail, or call you over the phone, to understand whether you are interested in our products and services. In these cases, you will have the opportunity to opt out from being contacted by Synergy Bioscience at any time;
ii. Collect personal information about you (e.g., your position, specialty, and publications) from publicly available sources such as company, university, publications websites, and combine it with personal information we have collected about you, to enhance the customer profile in support of our sales and marketing activities.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our website or application hosting partners and other third parties who assist us in operating our platforms, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to process any personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law;
- Third party service providers and partners include Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”) solution providers or Marketing Automation Solution providers and a list of the third-party service providers and partners relevant with regard to your personal information is made available on request;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Synergy Bioscience keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secure networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. We require the same level of diligence from any third party involved in the processing of your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
Please note that in many circumstances we cannot effectively do business with you without processing some personal information about you (e.g. your contact information). You can use our online services without consenting to cookies (unless strictly necessary); the consequence is that some features may be less tailored to you. You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time. Please use the unsubscribe functionality on such communications. When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, we will verify your identity by asking you for your email address, telephone number, information about your company’s contract or your direct relationship with Synergy Bioscience. We also may use a third-party verification provider to verify your identity. Your exercise of these rights will have no adverse effect on the price and quality of our goods or services.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
10944 Alder Circle
Dallas, Texas 75238
United States of America