Recently, there has been a significant increase in the use of cannabinoid-containing products in the USA. This is mostly due to the legalization of medicinal and recreational marijuana in several US states. Components of cannabis include tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), and cannabinol (CBN). Since cannabinoids have physiological effects like psychoactive properties, a complete, proficient laboratory analysis will help ascertain the compound’s safety for consumption.
At Synergy Bioscience, we offer cannabinoid testing to determine the quality and quantity of psychoactive content. We leverage our vast industry experience, high-caliber professionals, and state-of-the-art analytical instruments to give our clients accurate and reliable results that can be used as a reference anywhere in the world.
Our state-of-the-art technical capabilities and lab experts can support your organization with cannabinoid product testing using the following technologies:
– High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
In this technique, Chromatography helps to separate the compounds of the product. We use diode array detectors (which are highly informative) to calculate the amount of contents in the cannabinoid sample after detection. The amount/quantity of each sample cannabinoid is determined by how much light it absorbs; these processes take about 5 to 20 minutes to analyze the sample.
– Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
This technology employs a more critical approach to testing. The LC/MS device uses mass spectrometry to perform a more detailed and in-depth analysis. It pierces through the molecular ions, and you can be sure of the accuracy of the results. So, LC/MC testing services are best suitable for criminal/ forensic investigations, and for research purposes.
– Inductively Coupled Plasma – Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS/MS)
The analysis of trace elements in cannabis, hemp, and associated products can easily be achieved using our state-of-the-art ICP-MS. its capability enables the routine analysis of samples that contain high and variable matrix levels while minimizing the need for conventional liquid dilution. Our state-of-the-art ICP-MS provides a complete picture of the elements present in the sample, as data can be reported for elements not included in the calibration standards.
– Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS)
We also have the GC-MS instrument to detect any residual solvents, as a result of extracting the active compounds from the plant. Used together, mass spectrometry and gas chromatography allow for the identification of the compounds of the residual solvents at a higher resolution than analyzing the sample individually on either of these methods.
At our lab, we offer the following testing analysis:
- Mycotoxins by LC-MS/MS: Aflatoxin B1, B2, G1, G2, and Ochratoxin A
- Cannabinoid Profile/Potency by HPLC: THC, THCA, CBD, CBDA, CBG, CBN
- Terpenes by GC/MS, FID: Humulene, Limonene, Myrcene, Terpineol
- Residual Solvents by GC/MS: Acetone, Benzene, Chloroform, Ethyl Acetate, Ethyl Oxide, Pentane Propane, Toluene
- Heavy Metal Analysis by ICP/MS: Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, Mercury
- Moisture Content – Loss on Drying
- Water Activity by Water Activity Meter
- Foreign Material by Visual Inspection
- Aerobic Plate Count by Petrifilm
- Yeast and Mold by Petrifilm
- Total Coliforms by Petrifilm
- Escherichia coli by Petrifilm
- Salmonella by Petrifilm
At Synergy Bioscience, you can make the most of our technical and analytical service capabilities for your cannabinoid testing. We have the best expertise in the industry to give you accurate profile analytical results. We adhere to renowned standards for drug tests such as USP/NF, EP, ACS, BP, and JP tests.