6+ months, with a possibility for extension.
Start Date: Monday, Nov 27, 2017.
Excellent hourly rate + expenses
- Solid experience in the CAPA process and root cause analysis methodology and tools.
- Identify and implement transformative directives to resolve outstanding or newly identified CAPA deficiencies.
- Interact with, advise, and influence personnel working in CAPA Process & Quality System Remediation.
- Track progress of workers and resources implementing CAPA Remediation.
- Regularly report to various levels of management on the progress of Quality System Remediation.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Must have effective oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to remain calm and receptive in fast-paced situations.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Required academic Background:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical field; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background.
- Minimum 10 years experience in CAPA, Quality System management, Quality System auditing, or Quality System remediation.
- Experience recording and analyzing data and clearly expressing conclusions and recommendations in writing. Experience managing multi-functional teams.